From PetSmart Charities...
We are really excited to bring you a two-part series on Animal Transport. Part 1 is currently open for registration and you can register at http://petsmartcharities.webex.com.
How to Safely and Humanely Transport Dogs
Presented by: Marlene Walsh, Executive Director, Humane Strategies
- Monday, August 18: 1-2:30 p.m. pacific / 2-3:30 p.m. mountain / 3-4:30 p.m. central / 4-5:30 p.m. eastern
- Tuesday, August 19: 9-10:30 a.m. pacific / 10-11:30 a.m. mountain / 11-12:30 p.m. central / 12-1:30 p.m. eastern
- Wednesday, August 20: 4-5:30 p.m. pacific / 5-6:30 p.m. mountain / 6-7:30 p.m. central / 7-8:30 p.m. eastern
• Where are your animals going?
• Have you visited the shelter?
• Have you met the people who will be receiving your animals?
• Do you know their adoption policies?
• Who pays for what?
• Should money exchange hands?
• Do we need a formal agreement between organizations?
• Between transporter and shelters?
• Who will be transporting your animals?
• In what type of vehicle?
• How long is the drive between your facility and their destination?
• How far is too far?
• What will be used to transport the animals?
Marlene Walsh, Executive Director of Humane Strategies, which is the operator of PetSmart Charities' Rescue Waggin, will give you all the information you need to know to transport your dogs safely and humanely. You'll also learn how to prepare animals the morning of transport, rules of the road for the day of transport, and what to do when the animals reach the destination shelter.
Watch for Part 2 of this webinar in September. Dr. Sandra Newbury will be discussing health related issues, for pets and shelters, associated with transporting dogs.
• How can we identify good candidates for transport?
• What precautions can we take to prevent infectious disease spread as a source and a destination shelter?
• What health management systems can we put in place when we know transfer is an option?
• How can we keep everyone healthy while we wait for pick up?
• And how can we best ensure safety during the trip?
• Registration for Part 2 should open for registration towards the middle of August.
If you aren't sure how webinars work or would like to schedule a test run to make sure that your computer is set up and ready to go, please feel free to contact Suzy Hayton at shayton@petsmartcha rities.org.
Thanks, and we look forward to "seeing" you online.
Manager Technology & Education
http://petsmartcharities.webex.com for FREE online seminars